Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Honeymoon Excursions


Hey hey heeey!

No professional wedding pictures back = No wedding recaps. SO I am going to pop out the pictures I DO have which are of the honeymoon.

We ventured off to PUNTA CANA, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

The honeymoon was a surprise to me, as Jeff and my aunt planned the entire trip. Not one soul told, and I loved finding out at the airport. All I knew was to pack for the beach. And I have got to say I am super proud of myself (and mom) for being able to fit everything into a carry on.

I'm going to break the trip down into categories so it isn't like 500 bazillion pictures at once. And so I can reminisce on all the fun times we had over those six days.

Today's category is EXCURSIONS.

Even though the resort was absolutely gorgeous and beyond amazing, it was nice to venture into town every once in a while. We went on two excursions while we were there. The first one was Zip Lining.





Holy awesomesauce. One of the most fun things I've ever done. Even though it ended way too fast. If you have ever wanted to feel like you are a bird just flying through trees and over rivers, then you need to get to zip lining.


Plus, you can see for days up there and the view is just stupid awesome. Beautiful doesn't even describe how awesome it was.

On the way up to the zip lining I got to see for the very first time a banana tree, coffee, and cocoa beans. Kinda crazy to see all the bananas just chilling on the tree instead of in the store. Oh and note to self, never try a cocoa bean straight off a tree ever again. Yuck.



This was definitely our favorite of the two and wanted to do it again and again and again. Sadly they don't let you fly through trees all day long. Now I just can't wait to do it again, tarzan style.

The second excursion we did was dune buggies 

Pretty much they were little jerry rigged go carts that took you to the beach, a cave, and got you all sorts of muddy. And when I say muddy, I'm not messing around.

No horse poo or mud going in our mouths. Yes, we look kinda creepy.

We for some reason thought we'd be flying down the beaches, driving through caves, and acting like nascar drivers. Well the roads definitely didn't allow for that. A whole lot of muddles (mud puddles) later, we did see a gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous beach that I couldn't even believe was real.



We got to see the farmers, a few houses, and a little market where they hustled you to buy some gifts. At the end we got to see a cave that was so insanely cool, but no swimsuit equaled no jumping in the water. Sad day.




Seriously these pictures don't even give the beach justice. I didn't even edit any of the pictures and it still looks like a dream. And hello to dreamy dirty husband.

We had a lot of fun but definitely expected a little different. Seeing the sites made it totally worth it though, and I have some ruined clothes to prove it.





Cheers to the Dominican Republic, the most beautiful place I've ever seen. 

11 comments:

Amanda said...

How fun!! :) I'm excited to see more pictures :)

Unknown said...

My parents went to Punta Cana last summer and did those same excursions!!! Looks like fun!!!

Lauren said...

That's so fun that the hubby planned it all and surprised you - mine did the same thing! It was nice not to have the stress of planning the honeymoon on top of the wedding, and makes for a fun morning at the airport!

We just got back from Punta Cana as well and LOVED it.

Congrats!!

Amanda said...

AWESOME! How was the resort?!! We're looking into beach vacays for this winter and the Dominican is one of our options!

tara said...

gorgeous pics!! looks like a blast!

MonicaLeeBlog said...

Awww that's so cool that it was a surprise for you! I've alwayssssss wanted to go ziplining! Looks like so much fun, cant wait to see more pictures! :]

Amanda C. said...

That is such an awesome suprise. I love beaches and the water there looks so clear!

Raquel said...

So fun!!

Pretty Zesty said...

Congrats to you! DR is definitely on my list!

kristen
www.beholdthemetatron.com

Kristin said...

fun pictures! cant wait to go ziplining!

iffatali said...

Travel does expand your knowledge of the world. If you’ve been to a foreign country with an unfamiliar culture, it then becomes something familiar and not so much to be feared.
Flights to Gaborone
Cheap Flights to Gaborone
Cheap Air Tickets to Gaborone

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...