Monday, December 30, 2013

2014 Goals

Well, well, well 2013. What a good year we have had together. Thank you for taking me to Hawaii, Costa Rica, Dallas, tons of KU games, a whole lot of baseball games, and even more lake trips. It was hard to beat getting married, getting a new job, and moving into a new house in 2012, but you were right up there with it.

It's crazy to think that I've been married and living here for a year and a half. It still feels to me like we just moved. Time is just slipping right out of my little hands.

I can just feel 2014 is going to be a good one. It may bring a lot of changes, but I'm ready to hit it full force.

I always like to think of goals for myself for the new year, a fresh start if you will. These usually last a couple of days, but maybe if I write a lot then one or two will stick. We can only hope, right?

So here is what I hope to do in 2014:


-Live with purpose

I spend so much time worrying about what I have to do, how to do it, and what I need to get done that I forget the whole purpose of it all. I rush through life, instead of slowing down and thinking of why I'm here in the first place. I want to live with a purpose of giving to others, being a better wife, friend, and daughter. I want do all things to please Him and make time for the things that are important, not just keep my to-do list happy. 

-Not think so much/Keep it simple

I want to stop worrying about things that are clearly out of my control. I try so hard to control situations that are out of my hands. I want to keep my life and my mind simple and as stress free as possible. Nobody got time for that.

-Take more pictures

Self explanatory. And maybe if I'm lucky I will get in a few of them :) 

-Continue our Wednesday date nights

These have really given me something to look forward to during the week. It's nice to slow down and have good conversation with my husband sans phone, dog, TV, or computers. I really treasure these nights. Probably more than he knows.

-Read my Bible more. Not just when I "have time". 

-Learn to sew at least five things.

I just got a sew machine from my parents for Christmas and I am bound determined to sew, even though I keep telling myself that I can't do it and won't be good at it. Spreading a little positivity and hard work this year.

-Be healthy 

-Have fun

Who doesn't want to have fun in 2014? I want to ride rides, travel, have wine nights, be spontaneous, play more games, and just do things that make me smile.

2014, let's do this thang!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love those goals! I agree on date night, it's been an amazing help for me personally and a huge relationship strengthener :)

Corie said...

1.5 years in your house already?! NO WAY! I love your goals though :)

Jessa @ Life of A Sports Wife said...

We put date night every Friday. It's so awesome!! Let me know what crafts you are going to make. I have a sewing machine but only took it out once.

Shobee said...

It looks like this post made me realize what should be my goals this year. Like you, I worry a lot too. I want to control everything even the things that I cannot. It is great that you helped me see some stuff that I need to focus on by sharing this post. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...