Sunday, December 29, 2013

A Breath of Fresh Air

Every single time I come here to type up a new post of what has been going on in my life, I find it very hard to believe of how long it's been since I stopped by.

I swear it feels like yesterday but somehow it was Thanksgiving.

If time could seriously sloooooow down, that would be much appreciated. My new saying of the year is to "stop and smell the coffee" instead of chugging it and not realizing of how entirely awesome it smells and tastes.

The past week has been nothing less than refreshing and fulfilling. I tried to soak up every second of being back in our hometowns and spending a whole week with family. The time still flew by but goodness gracious it was heavenly. Just what the doc ordered.


I really need to start carrying a notebook around. There were so many things I kept thinking to myself I needed to remember and…well, we all know how that goes. But there are so many moments that go by that are short lived, but oh so great that I'd like to jot down and be able to look back to.

We got to spend the start of break in Lawrence watching little Bro sing in Allen Fieldhouse (also known as the greatest place on Earth). There we met up with my mom, dad, and Aunt Janet. We started feeling all Christmasy as it snowed about 6-8 inches while we were there. 









After that we came back to our old stomping grounds and stayed there about a week. A week or home cooking, lots of a laughing, couch naps, movies, family time, crazy dogs, lots of presents, and even more relaxation. 



There really is nothing like Christmas time. Nothing like it at all. Thank you Jesus for being born! I think it should be mandatory to get all of your family together once a month. It's just not right only seeing everyone once or twice a year. I am requesting that for my present next year.

Unfortunately I didn't take many photos, also a goal of mine in 2014, so here are a couple I happened to take. Hopefully someone else got some! 






Now I am sitting here back home thinking of how blessed I am, we are. Even when things really just downright suck, I still always have the best family in the flipping world on my side. Makes it a little easier to conquer life that way.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and got to spend some quality time with the special people in your lives.

Cheers to 2013, you were pretty sweeeeeeeet!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...