Monday, July 14, 2014

Baby S Shower

On June 29th, Baby S was very showered with love from all the people that are very dear to us. The lovely hosts did an amazing job and every detail was perfect…and pink. The two go hand in hand :)

We had the shower in my hometown and the room was filled with many people I have known my whole life and even before I was a twinkle in my mom and dad's eye. I even had one friend treck over four hours (28 weeks pregnant at the time) just to spend a few hours for our girl. My aunt was also in town from Boston! I hope Baby S could feel the love from everyone there to celebrate her!

I loved seeing everyone but always wish I could talk to everyone individual a whole lot more. I always feel like I left someone out or didn't get to chat with someone as much as I had liked. It was perfect though and I can't thank everyone enough for coming to spend the afternoon with us. 

I couldn't get over all of the pink, homemade/personal gifts, big gifts that help us out so much, and each and every little gift that we received for our girl. I am still overwhelmed with thanks and to be honest, I sit in the baby's room every single day in the middle of the carpet and just stare at it.

I go through each and every gift, piece of clothing, bow, etc. and could do it over and over without it ever getting old. I love picking up the homemade gifts and thinking of how we will get to tell our baby girl the story behind them and how loved she is.

One of the most meaningful gifts I can't wait to tell her about is a quilt giving to us from my mom and dad that was started by my great grandma and she had it quilted for us. How neat for her to see that her own grandma gave her a blanket that her grandma's grandma had made. Ah...just makes me beam thinking of it.

It really was a special day and I wish I could go back and spend a whole week with all of those people. Especially my friends that I never get to see enough. There are just never enough laughs in one meeting. Or my family who I could spend time with all day every day. Never enough time but I am so thankful for the small amount of time we did have.




















3 comments:

Alisa Marie said...

Awh what an adorable baby shower! Baby girls are the best! I love that diaper cake with the burlap too :)

Unknown said...

this is too cute!

Ashleigh said...

Awe what a sweet shower :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...