Friday, December 5, 2014

Brooklyn - One Month

Brooklyn - One Month


We officially have a one month old. I know everyone says it but how does time go so fast. I can't even BELIEVE it's almost November. I really can't. Holy cow Christmas is in 1.5 months. So much to plan for her first big Christmas. It's crazy to think how different our lives were just a short month ago and how much it has all changed, in the best way. 

This whole parenting thing is one of the hardest and scariest jobs I've ever had...I doubt myself all of the time, feel like I'm never going to have a clean house or look decent, long to spend time with Jeff, and I am running on baby fumes most days….but it is the BEST job and most favorite job I've ever had. I've honestly never wanted anything more and I praise God for trusting us to be her parents. There is no love greater. Even in the hardest moments, there is no where else I'd rather be. She is by far the greatest blessing and I will be forever grateful. And forever scared :)


Weight: 8.13 oz (last week) 

Height: 21 in. + (I totally tried to do this with a tape measure, not as easy as it sounds)

Nicknames: Baby girl, pretty girl, B, Stinky (from her daddy - who of course she takes after), an occasional Brookers, boo boo

Eating: She eats about every 2-3 hours, but I always wake her up at the 3 hour mark during the day to feed her if she isn't awake yet. That is very rare nowadays though. She's usually fired up ready to grub.

I do let her sleep through the night and she usually eats every 3-5 (5 is quite rare but HAS happened) hours at night. We are still using the shield and hope to wean off of it soon, for both of our sakes. She is not wanting to give that one up and honestly…I'm a little nervous to do so. I do love feeding her though, even though it is literally one of the hardest things I've done. I never knew it would be, but we are getting through it…together. 

Sleeping: During the day she tends to take short tiny little naps and they are usually longest when laying on someone or if we are riding in the car. One of these days I'll get brave and put her in the crib for her naps but for now I like having her close by. She usually sleeps in her rock-n-play, on me, or on her boppy next to me. At night she sleeps in her rock-n-play swaddled with her sleep sheep on. She did have her arms in the swaddle but now big girl likes those arms FREE, so we just swaddle her under her armpits. She used to sleep in the bassinet but she spits up so bad it started making me nervous so we switched.


Diapers: She is still in pamper swaddlers newborn diapers. We did like huggies snugglers too that we got from the hospital. We will probably stick with pampers though because I have a boat load I bought when I was pregnant. They seem to work well for her, that is if her mom gets her diaper on nice and snug. 

Clothing: She is currently still in newborn clothing. A few of her hands-me-downs are getting a little short though. Girl is growing and I love it, yet it makes me sad to think of her growing so fast. I mean seriously how is she a MONTH old already?! So big!

Social: Our bright eyed girl! She is becoming so alert and it's so fun to watch her discover things around her. She loves bright colors and tends to smile at them. She isn't a big fan of her play mat yet but occasionally she will get locked on something on it that catches her eye. She loves looking at walls, ceilings, lights, etc. She loves when you talk to her and just stares at you like she really is listening. I'll pretend she is. She adores walks and I need to get outside and do it more often. I'm always nervous if it is too hot, too cold, etc. I have been reading to her and she listens and stares at me for at least a few pages.  I cannot wait until she can really listen to them and find her own favorites.  She tends to listen longer to the more song like books, which makes sense. Or maybe because I'm overly excited when reading those ones to her. I hope she loves books as much as I do!

Dr. Apts: She had her two week appointment (looked great and passed her hearing test-yay!), and then we went back the following week because she had increased spit up that was curdled and I didn't know if it was normal or not. I really just called to ask about it but they had us come in to check her out. All was good, she is just a spitting up little lady. She also had to go to the doctor at about 1.5 weeks old for more testing on thyroidism because her numbers were off. Daddy was gone and Diana was with me and had to get blood drawn in both arms, heel, and then had to go BACK to the hospital when we found out they did not draw enough blood. I think I cried as much as she did. It was the worst thing EVER ever ever. Thankfully a NICU nurse did it at the hospital and her numbers came back fine. They thought my blood was still in her at the newborn testing at the hospital.

I did have a bout of mastitis but didn't have to go in as they just prescribed me some antibiotics, which I actually think gave me thrush. Ha ha, always something!


Likes: eating, going on walks, car rides, dancing with her daddy, being walked around to get to sleep, baths, being rocked, being wrapped in blankets, her hands (starting to find her thumb), staring as you talk to her, being held, sleeping on momma or daddy on her tummy, her sleep sheep (okay, maybe that's just me…but she tends to sleep more soundly with it), and her sister Piper…even though she doesn't know it yet. 

Dislikes: Being changed, fighting sleep, being hungry right when she wakes up, drying off after a bath, burping, the swing, and being on her tummy.

Mama: Still not completely back to myself, but getting closer and closer. I've had bowel movement issues but I won't even go there. Occasionally I'll have sharp pains where my stitches are but it's getting better. I'm hoping soon it will be all healed up. I feel much better during the day now that she is sleeping a little bit at night and is getting faster eating. I'm also a little less emotional about everything and can sort of control my crazy emotions. Key word on sort of. Sometimes I just get so overwhelmed with love, happiness, frustration with myself at times, exhaustion. Hearing songs that make me think of her and quotes that relate to her make me break down in tears. Even talking about her brings tears to my eyes. I just love her so so so dang much. So much.


Daddy: We are forever thankful for this guy. He has been so great with her and is learning along with me about what she likes and doesn't like. He is also the best calmer downer. He dances around the house with her and sings to her and I love every second of it. So does she. He has been so helpful as I've struggled to get back to myself with cleaning the house, cooking, and other things I just couldn't manage to do myself. He really has been our rock, even when I have gotten frustrated with him because he can't "read my mind", he has been the best and I'm so thankful for his help, love, and making me feel like a good mom even when I question if I'm doing it all right. He makes me feel good and I've never needed that more than now. Hopefully he knows just how much that is appreciated.

What we're looking forward to: Going home for Halloween (Neewollah), for her to "really" smile at us, watching her grow, more cuddles, and every single things that comes along with her. We love seeing her grow day by day. She has changed so much already!

What most of the pictures looked like :)
Dear Sweet Brooklyn,

I hope you know just how special you have made this past month. I honestly cannot even remember life without you. It was mostly just waiting and waiting and more waiting for you. And now you are here and it is more wonderful than I even imagined, yet also scarier than I ever imagined. You are such a cuddle bug and even though I know I should let you sleep in other places, I adore having you on my chest or in my arms when I can. There are so many times I just sit back and stare and you and am overwhelmed by love and happiness to have youforever. I'm so thankful for you sweet girl. So thankful. I adore every little ounce of you and it's just fun to watch you grow, but you can stay little forever. I promise I won't mind. Thank you for showing us a love we never knew was possible and for being such a sweet, overall easy going little girl. I know we have learned a lot this month and will only continue to learn more as we get to know you better. Promise me you'll always know how much you are loved. Always and forever. Never forget that. And never stop dreaming big little one, because believe medreams really do come true. And you are everything I've ever prayed and dreamed about. You are everything I could have hoped for and more. Happy one month little Brooklyn!

Love, 
Your Momma

2 comments:

Unknown said...

She looks just like her daddy! It's great to see you blogging again! :)

Ashleigh said...

I love the photo of little miss with her tongue stuck out... How adorable! Where did you get your chalk board at? Its super big which I love :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...