Saturday, January 31, 2015

Brooklyn - Four Months

Brooklyn - Four Months

It can't be….


Weight: 12 lbs 12 ounces

Height: Not sure on this one. We go back next week!

Nicknames: Baby B, Sweet girl, sassy pants, B, Baby Girl, stinky (still-haha)

Eating: She usually eats every 2.5-3 hours and is at least eating 6 ounces when we de-thaw milk in a bottle. Otherwise I have no idea how much she eats. haha. Praise the LORD we are finally weaning off of the shield. THANK YOU. It has been a little transition for both of us, but we are getting there. Moral of the story: Sista likes her FOOD. She is definitely her father's child.

Sleeping: Still stinks at naps, but she does sleep all night. I am forever and ever thankful for that. Please baby don't change that. I may or may not cry! She usually sleeps anywhere from 8:30-10 to 6 ish. Sometimes she gets all fired up and wakes up at 5:30. I can definitely tell an early bedtime is better for her because if not she is annnnngry at night. Like whoa. So I've been trying to stick with bedtime around 8:30 or 9 if possible. She still only naps on me, which isn't ideal but I do love her cuddles. Hopefully she learns to love her crib in the very near future. 


Diapers: Just switched her to size 2. 

Clothing: She wears 3-6 month clothing and has fit into a few 6 month shirts. After having a really frustrating appointment about her weight, I'm so thankful to see physically that she is growing. Grow baby grow.but not too fast :)

Social: This one gets so much more fun every month. She has changed SO much in this department. She is rolling over, giggling, talking up a storm, grabbing things and putting them into her mouth, getting really strong in her upper body, eating everything she sees, and gosh so much! She loves when anyone reads, talks, or sings to her. Loves it. It's so funny when I play country music and sing to her, she smiles from ear to ear. She also loves looking at herself in the mirror, she sure thinks she is pretty cute. I have to agree. She has just recently discovered her feetand eating them. Mmm mmm, tasty. She always wants them up by her face though. They are her new bff. She has just started sitting in the bumbo, which she is still pretty wobbly in. I put the tray on it but don't really like how she leans all over so I don't let her stay in it long. Same with the exersaucer. She does love it for the time she is in it thought. Lastly, she likes being outdoors and will stop crying the second I go out there with her. If only it was nice enough to go on more walks! Thankful for the few days lately we were able to. I'm sure there is a million things I could say  but I'll stop :) She is just too flipping fun.

Dr. Apts: We just recently went to the doctor because she has been spitting up an abnormal amount and had a low grade fever. Come to find out she may be allergic to dairy and/or other things so we are trying to get that figured out because it is affecting her weight. I was a mess after finding all of that out but am going to try eliminating all things dairy and see how that works. Everything else seems to look good, which I am thankful for. Let's fatten you up child!



Likes: She likes eating (duh) sucking her hands, eating her feet, her play mat, being read/talked/sang to, Sophie, anything that makes noise or music, grandpa's motorboat noises, holding on to things, grabbing for her toys, kicking her little feet, sitting up (assisted), TV (somehow she always finds it), taking her binky out, baths, and I will stop there.

Dislikes: Being overtired or hungry, her car seat right after she eats, being in something for too long

Mama: I seriously just fall in love with that child every second of every day. Well, most seconds. :) She is just everything I hoped for and more. She is my little sidekick and I'm so thankful for her. I say it all the time, but it's seriously true. I cannot believe that I get to be her mom. Her mom needs to start working out though. That is a fact. I feel like I can but gosh I am TERRIFIED of losing my milk supply. Terrified. Maybe I'll be able to figure it all out. 




Daddy: Daddy is a professional cuddler and loves his little girl. She is pretty fond of him, too. Thankfully for us he is not a worry wart like me and always calms me down when I get all fired up over something. 

Milestones: Baptism - 1.25.15,  First trip to the lake and Roaring River, rolling over, giggling, lifting herself up on her arms more than usual, grabbing toys, eating her toes (does that count - ha), control of head for the most part



What we're looking forward to: Every day, the doctor saying she has gained weight, continuing to feed her with no shield, Valentine's Day, spending time with grandparents, watching her grow.



Dear Sweet Brooklyn,

4 months…really?! Gosh little miss, how I love you so. Every little inch of you. I examine your little ears, your tiny nose, your growing brown hair that likes to stick up in the back, and every other part of you while you are laying in my arms and I love it all. Every part of you is completely perfect. I hope you always remember that. You are perfect the way you are. Never let anyone tell you any different. I'm so proud of you this month and all you've been learning and discovering. Life is just way more fun with you in it. Thank you for eating with the shield, momma is extra happy about that! Your personality continues to shine and I know you are going to the a sweet, fun, sassy, and adventurous little lady. I just love watching you grow baby girl. Love it more than anything in this world. Thank you for this gift of being your mom. I will never take it for granted. Happy 4 months! Can't wait to see what each day brings :)

Love, 
Your Momma

2 comments:

Erica said...

Aww I love her headband. Little ones can certainly melt your heart.

Lauren J said...

Excited to follow your blog! I have a daughter who's almost 2 :)

perfectlittlehappiness.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...