Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Christmas 2014

Brooklyn's First Christmas is now in the books!

I've always loved Christmas, but having her took it to a whole other level of awesomeness. It was so special to share such a wonderful holiday with my baby girl.


We actually got to spend two weeks at home with my mom and dad while Jeff was away for work. Those were two very, very special weeks that I will hold near and dear to my heart. Seeing them with Brooklyn melts me. They love her maaaaybe more than me. (They totally do.)





Of course I started this post right after Christmas and here I am in January "attempting" to finish it. We shall see if I succeed.

How I'm writing looks a little like this:

-Non-washed hair and same clothes from yesterday
-Dog on my legs
-Rocking Brooklyn
-Typing with my only free hand 

Girl  doesn't nap on anything but me so this is about as productive as I get! I can't complain about all of the snuggles though. Even though I don't get a "nap" break, they are actually my favorite part of the day. Sleeping babies = heavenly.

Oh yeah, I was posting about Christmas….


On Christmas Eve we went to Jeff's mom's house and enjoyed a little Christmas time with his brother and kiddos. We also went to a little prayer service as a family which was so neat to do and really captured the true meaning of Christmas.


It ended up taking an hour longer than planned & B was 45 min. past her feeding time. Insert terrified mom here. As we were praying she started wiggling all over and I just knew she would start screaming during the very silent & peaceful prayer. Praise God she kept her cool and made it back just in time to feed hungry girl.

We always spent Christmas Eve with Jeff's family and Christmas day with mine so after the prayer, food, and presents….we headed to my hometown and got ready for Santa.


Jeff brought down Brooklyn's toys and it made me giddy to think of when she will actually be waking up to them with excitement and awe. Obviously she had no clue what was going on, but it was too fun for us!

She also woke up to a very special present from Grandpa Santa. Santa is real folks ;)



I couldn't believe he got that one past me. So excited for her to use her chair and always think back to her first Christmas. My favorite gifts of all!

The rest was spent at my grandma and grandpa's and my cousin's for our big family Christmas. I also stillllll lost the cookie contest and there were only three people. #notcreative



I've said it a million times but this Christmas was so special and I know it will only get better.



Cheers to that and a new year!!


3 comments:

Kenya said...

That chair is adorable!!!!

Ashleigh said...

I am glad you all had a wonderful Christmas. Little miss is adorable in her little dress.. Oh & that chair I am in love with.. How cute!

Corie @ Life in the Mitten said...

Yay for extra time with your parents! The chair is adorable :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...