Wednesday, January 21, 2015

In my big tan chair

(I hope you just thought of Kenny C when you read that)

This rocking chair has gotten as much use as I could have ever imagined. 

I remember the day we were in Nebraska Furniture Mart with my mom and dad and Jeff searching for the "perfect" rocking chair for Brooklyn. I actually think my little brother was there too. Come to think of it, pretty sure it was his 21st birthday.

Anyway, I remember bee-lining (is that how you spell that? Who knows?) it straight to the baby/kid furniture. I was so excited about the dang chair. We were in and out of chairs rocking back and forth trying to imagine which one would be best in the wee hours of the night rocking and rocking, feeding, and rocking. I told Jeff the rocking chair pick was his, we needed daddy to be comfy ;) 


Pretty sure the first chair we sat in we both didn't want to get out of. Oh my lanta it was comfy. No other chair compared to that big ball of fluff. 

Sadly, we left without it. Thank goodness we couldn't get the chair out of our head and months later we ordered it online. 

Now I'm sitting in said chair rocking Brooklyn and keep thinking how even though she literally won't sleep anywhere else but right here on me, it's my favorite part of the day. I get nothing done and I always feel guilty about that, but I just love staring at her.

Her growing thick eye lashes, her hair growing over her little ear, her hand on my chest, and she is burrowed in tight. I think I've memorized it all. Trying to remember each little figure, as I know it will only be little for so long.

Maybe I should start typing more while she's sleeping. I haven't used this blogging app in forever. Maybe that'll change, maybe not. But for now I want to capture it all. Remembering these quiet moments together in her room. The room we (okay maybe more Jeff and my parents) worked so hard on to make perfect for her. The one room that relaxes me more than anything else. 

I love you Baby B, thank you for making all of my dreams come true. 

2 comments:

Kenya said...

Those are the moments that make being a mother so precious! Enjoy.

Ashleigh said...

Enjoy those sweet moments while you can mamma... Our little ones do not stay littler forever sadly & once they start to get older they no longer love to be snuggled sadly :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...